The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the workplace dramatically. Many organizations have implemented a totally remote workforce that otherwise would not have happened. This phenomenon has changed the communications among mangers, subordinates and peers. It has also changed how your leaders must lead.
The challenge to companies is how they will require work to be performed when we return to some type of semblance of normalcy.
Some of the changes will include:
- Flexible work arrangements will change the communication dynamics of your company
- Employees distributed across a varied mix of work arrangements may cause confusion.
- Leadership development will become more critical to the organization’s success.
- New practices need to be adopted going forward.
- Leveling the playing field for remote workers will be critical for employee engagement.
- The old way of doing things – which was just last year – must be transformed.